Our 60 years of combined legal experience and diversified legal teams with varied backgrounds enable us to provide a broad spectrum of legal practice areas for the needs of our clients.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the best legal representation possible throughout the course of their business and personal lives. We are willing to take the extra steps in building relationships with our clients, getting to know them, their businesses and their goals. We do everything we can to seek optimal results on behalf of the clients we serve and provide our clients with superior advice, responsive representation and practical, creative and cost-effective solutions for the challenges that they face.
We serve as general counsel for small to mid-size business to handle their day-to-day legal affairs as well as advise entrepreneurs and emerging companies on setting up the right business entity. The areas of the industries our clients involved include life science/biotech, technology, manufacturing, distribution, restaurants, retail, or the services.
- Business formation
- Choosing the right form (S corp., C corp., LLC, partnerships, limited liability partnerships etc) in which to conduct your business
- Choosing the right jurisdiction in which to incorporate or form your business
- Preparing appropriate bylaws, operation/management/control agreements
- Electing the initial board of directors and designating the initial officers
- Corporate governance advice
- General legal guidance with respect to start-up issues and general business counseling
Contracts review, drafting, and negotiations
Our attorneys bring in-depth knowledge and experience in preparing and negotiating a wide range of contractual relationships for business clients. We provide transactional and strategic advice to businesses in connection with the entire range of challenges and opportunities our clients face.
- Buy-Sell agreements
- Distribution and vendor agreements
- Sales and procurement agreements
- Technology transfer and licensing agreements
- Partnership agreements
- Strategic alliance and joint-venture agreements
- Letter of Intent and Memorandum of Understanding
- Confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements
- Settlement agreements
- Other business related agreements and transaction
We provide comprehensive services to executives, professionals, and small to medium sized businesses in cases involving employment law, employment-related litigation, business and regulatory offenses, executive compensation and employment discrimination under federal and state law.
- San Diego DLSE claim defense
- California employment discrimination law
- California Family Rights Act issues
- Covenants not to compete and restrictive covenants
- Employee handbooks and personnel policies
- Independent contractors
- International employment law
- OSHA claims
- Title VII issues
- Vacation hours
- Wage and hour disputes
- Wrongful termination
- Discrimination and harassment or discrimination charges (disability, pregnancy, sex, religion, sexual harassment, hostile workplace)
- Employment contracts
- Employee stock options
- Severance agreements
Our attorneys provide both business/employment-based and family-based immigration law advice. We also provide services to foreign investors with their immigration to the U.S. via EB-5, L-1, E-1, E-2 and E-3 visas.
- H-1B Work visas for professionals
- Temporary work permits
- Investor visas (E-1/E-2/EB-5 visas)
- L-1 visa for Manager, Executive or Specialized Knowledge
- PERM Labor certification
- TN visas for Canadian and Mexican Citizens
- Nurses and Physical Therapists
- J-1 Visas for Visiting Scholars and 2-year residency waiver
- National Interest Waiver
- Outstanding Professor and Researcher
- Extraordinary Ability Aliens Green cards/Permanent residence
- Citizenship and naturalization
- Moving family members to the U.S.
- Assistance with green cards
- Acquired citizenship
- Adjustment of status
- Consular processing
- K-1 Visas for Fiancées U.S. Citizens
- K-3 Visas for Spouses of U.S. Citizens
- Spouses of U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents
- Children of U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents
- Parents and Siblings of U.S. Citizen
- Removal of conditional residence status
- Waivers of grounds of inadmissibility
International Law/China Practice/Foreign Investments
We have long established relationships with top Chinese law firms in Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Hangzhou, and various other cities throughout mainland China as well as Hong Kong. Our Chinese speaking attorneys work directly with China licensed attorneys with legal training in both China and the U.S. With major international law practice experience, our attorneys provide the quality service at a more cost-effective manner. For the foreign investors, we provide comprehensive service including not only legal issues but also business and network connections across the Pacific Rim.
In addition, we also serve as a resource to other lawyers and law firms that need China expertise to help their clients.
- Entity formation (representative office, wholly owned foreign entity (WFOE) and joint ventures in China and Hong Kong
- Incorporation in U.S. for foreign businesses
- Real Estate Investment and Transactions
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers & Acquisitions for Asian companies in U.S.
- Due Diligence on EB-5 Regional Centers and other direct investments in U.S.
- Manufacturing outsourcing for U.S. companies to Asia
- Information Technology Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing (ITO/BPO) for U.S. companies to Asia
- Investments advice for Asian companies in U.S.
- Investments advice for U.S. companies in Asia
- Market entry into U.S.
- Market entry into Asia
- International Distribution and Sales Agreements
- International contracts
Mergers & Acquisitions
We have an extensive practice in the acquisition, sale, reorganization and restructuring of corporations, partnerships and other business entities. Our attorneys provide clients of both buyer’s and seller’s side with thoughtful, pragmatic advice in solving issues that arise in a transaction, including with respect to due diligence, transaction structuring and planning, equity and debt financing, strategy and implementation, transition and integration issues, governance and public disclosure considerations, and negotiating and drafting transaction documents.
- Mergers, stock purchases, asset purchases and stock swaps
- Tender and exchange offers
- Reorganizations and restructurings
- Spin-offs and roll-ups
- Leveraged buyouts
- Due diligence
We represent investors (including venture, angel, and corporate), investment funds and investee companies in connection with venture capital investments in businesses at various stages of development, including both minority stake investments and management-led buyouts of controlling interests. We also serve as corporate counsel for investee companies.
- Various types of financings including convertible preferred financings, follow on offerings, private placements, and traditional commercial banking
- Preferred stock term sheets
- Preferred stock purchase agreements
- Voting agreements
- Investor rights agreements
- Board and shareholder matters
- Amended and restated articles of incorporation